The Wolverine DDW-225 allows effective Ethernet networks to be created over long distances (up to 15 km) at data rates up to 15.3 Mbit/s. The SHDSL technology makes it possible to reuse many types of pre-existing copper cables which can lead to considerable financial savings. Dependent on cable characteristics, distances up to 15 km (9.3 mi) can be achieved. The DDW-225 is powered by the WeOS operating system allowing complex networking functions to be easily configured. For simple applications, no configuration is required making the unit ideal for rapid installation.
With its robust aluminium housing, the DDW-225 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications.The wide power range and I/O fault contact make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the DDW-225 an MTBF of 410,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of –40 to +70 °C (–40 to +158 °F) can be achieved without the need for moving parts or cooling holes in the case. The DDW-225 has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside applications.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique IP security functionality for this class of product e.g. a multiport DMZ can be constructed by utilizing the internal port based firewall function. Remote secure access to a network can be provided using encrypted VPNs. For resilience, a ring of DDW-225s can be created using the FRNT protocol, or by using OSPF, the DDW-225 can form part of an enterprise network. For more details on WeOS functionality, please see the WeOS datasheet.
- Up to 15.3 Mbit/s Ethernet over twisted pair cables
- Up to 15 km between units
- Easy and quick to configure with WeOS
- Dual 16 – 60 VDC power input
- Extensive line diagnostics and fault I/O contact
- TBU – transient blocking unit … Robust for long service life
- 410,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
- –40 to +70°C (–40 to +158°F) with no moving parts
- Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
- Advanced WeOS layer 3 functionality
- Network IP security and remote access
- Layer 2 and 3 ring structures
- Model: DDW-225