Streamline Protocol Communications in Your Substation Automation Systems
Connecting legacy power systems to IEC 61850 communication networks can be complex, as a variety of industrial protocols are used in field sites. Furthermore, bringing them into networks raises serious security concerns. Moxa’s MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850 gateways support power industry-related protocols, such as Modbus, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101/104, and IEC 61850, helping you easily enable communication between power SCADA systems and a variety of field devices. Moreover, our IEC 61850 gateways’ design is based on the IEC 62443 and NERC CIP standards and features protocol encryption, making it a secure and efficient communication solution for retrofitting your substations.
Are you overwhelmed by editing SCL
files for IEC 61850 communication?
Our MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850
gateways provide an easy-to-use
function to generate SCL files that
don't require additional engineering tools.
Accidents happen. How fast you
respond to a communication error
is crucial. The MGate 5119 Series
IEC 61850 gateways’ built-in diagnostic
tools can quickly find root causes,
minimizing your network downtime.
Substations can’t afford cyberattacks.
The MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850
gateways’ design is based on the
IEC 62443 and NERC CIP standards
and features communication protocol
encryption to enhance cybersecurity
for your substation networks.
Your Secure IEC 61850 Substation Gateways
MGate 5119 Series
1-port DNP3/IEC 101/IEC 104/Modbus-to-IEC 61850 gateways
- Supports IEC 61850 MMS server
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client
- Supports DNP3 serial/TCP master
- Supports IEC 60870-5-101/104 master
- Supports IEC 61850 MMS and DNP3 TCP protocol encryption
- Security features based on IEC 62443 and NERC CIP
- Built-in SCL file generator for easy configuration
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Compliant with IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613